As the last rubble at the former Village Post Office site is cleared and construction of Clarus Maplewood begins, OHNO6o is winding down, doing updates as needed. There will be plenty more to deal with as demolition completes and construction starts–let’s all hang in there and make the best of it through the unexpected. That includes us all getting into the Village as often as we can–merchants will need our extra support until all is back to normal.
So what’s next? Well, more of our house-special red balloon drinks and pondering of it all during a summer junket on a tropical island far far away…
Not. Pondering yes, junket–no. We are returning to the goal we set at the start, to find ways to improve and simplify participation in civic discussions regarding our Town.
In the meantime, the links below (where we’ve had the time to insert them!) will connect you with various information on new topics that may be of interest to you.
Thanks for reading and commenting on important Township matters!
REFLECTIONS and EMERGING TOPICS
- Two Old Towns, Two Pathes To Development
- Creating a conservacy for Memorial Park
- Township seeks to re-zone commercial areas
- Township re-visits residential uses of properties on Burnett Avenue
- Township adds new commercial uses to Redevelopment Area 2 (along Burnett Avenue, near DeHart Park)–June 8, 2016
- WAWAs opens on Springfield Avenue
- 4th and Valley residential project proposal in South Orange undergoes extensive review
- Seton Hall housing on Valley considered
- New residential project breaks ground on Valley near 5th Street
- Avalon Bay project, Springfield and Boyden suffers massive fire, plans for re-building announced
- Apartment building approved at DiPietro’s grocery site, Springfield Avenue
- Maplewood Village Alliance asks Township to support long-term planning for Maplewood Village
- New mixed used project in Redevelopment Area 1, Springfield east of Burnett Terrace
- 30 unit project completed on Boyden Avenue
- Assisted living and Adult Day Care proposed in Redevelopment Area 2, near Walgreens
- New bulk standards for residential housing approved
- South Orange seeks input on process for an 18 month Master Plan review
- Maplewood Library presents conceptual design for $22 million main branch renovation
- 479 Valley Street, opposite Columbia High School approved
- 7 West Parker Avenue–40 unit apartment building concept presented to Planning Board
∫ ∫ ∫
This site chronicles the five year public process leading to the construction of Clarus Maplewood. We recently re-arranged it to provide easier access chronologically or by topic area. Check out the changes by using the search box, or using the project overview.