The goal we set at the start, that’s “What’s Next”: finding ways to improve and simplify participation in civic discussions regarding our Town. The ohno60 site focuses specifically in development topics, so the links below will be added to (where we’ve had the time to aggregate information and post it!) over time and will connect you with various information on new land-use topics that may be of interest.
Also, like and follow our page on Facebook for the most timely updates!
Thanks for reading and commenting on important Township matters!
REFLECTIONS and EMERGING TOPICS
- Two Old Towns, Two Pathes To Development
- Creating a conservacy for Memorial Park
- Township seeks to re-zone commercial areas
- Township re-visits residential uses of properties on Burnett Avenue
- Township adds new commercial uses to Redevelopment Area 2 (along Burnett Avenue, near DeHart Park)–June 8, 2016
- WAWA opens on Springfield Avenue
- 4th and Valley residential project proposal in South Orange undergoes extensive review
- Seton Hall housing on Valley considered
- New residential project breaks ground on Valley near 5th Street
- Avalon Bay project, Springfield and Boyden suffers massive fire, plans for re-building announced
- Apartment building approved at DiPietro’s grocery site, Springfield Avenue
- Maplewood Village Alliance asks Township to support long-term planning for Maplewood Village
- New mixed used project in Redevelopment Area 1, Springfield east of Burnett Terrace at Jewerly Mart site proposed
- 30 unit project completed on Boyden Avenue
- Assisted living and Adult Day Care proposed in Redevelopment Area 2, near Walgreens; approved Summer 2018
- New bulk standards for residential housing approved
- South Orange seeks input on process for an 18 month Master Plan review
- Maplewood Library presents conceptual design for $22 million main branch renovation
- 479 Valley Street, opposite Columbia High School approved
- 7 West Parker Avenue–40 unit apartment building concept presented to Planning Board
- Jewelry Mart site in Redevelopment Area 1 approved and ground broken Summer 2018
- Parking Study underway in Maplewood Village (Spring 2018)
- Sidewalk upgrades to Maplewood Village approved (Spring 2018)
- Proposal to make Maplewood Ave one-way south of Baker Street presented (Summer 2018)
- South Orange begins community-wide Master Plan re-write (Summer 2018)
- 104 Baker Street (Toomey’s Garage) declared Area in Need of Rehabilitation; re-rehabilitation plan will be negotiated with new site owner. (July 2018)
- Zoning changes related to meeting affordable housing goals (August 2018)
- Maplewood Village Vision working group formed and community survey launched.
- Village Vision community survey results reviewed by Township officials (December 2018)
- Toomey’s Redevelopment Plan approved (2019)
- Iron Ore Partners introduces proposal for Toomey’s to MVA
- MVA Design Review Committee meets with developers
- MVA Board approves Toomey Proposal
- Planning Board approves Toomey proposal (November, 2019)
- South Orange Introduces Preliminary Study for Redevelopment of Valley Street (November, 2019)
- Maplewood holds public meeting to review historic designation of Maplewood Village.
- 40 units at 1722 Springfield denied by Planning Board
- Concept Plan and Engineering Design for Village Parking lot.
- Redevelopment Designation for 7 West Parker, former Gleason’s Cleaners site.
∫ ∫ ∫
This site was created to chronicle the five year public process leading to the construction of Clarus Maplewood, and beyond! We recently re-arranged it to provide easier access chronologically or by topic area. Check out the changes by using the search box, or using the project overview.